Oct 17, 2006

Answers....

Just want to comment on/answer a few things that have been said here in the past few weeks.

1.) A few favorite fiberlicious sources that I have discovered in my label searching are: raisin bran, whole wheat mini bagels, and prunes. Yum! (Even the prunes, after you get used to them.)

2.) My good nurse friend informed me of a few things I think I should make a bit more clear about sodium. There is such a thing as not having enough sodium in your diet. Our bodies do need it. She suggested that buying a substitute may not always be the best choice as you'll basically just be replacing one electrolyte with another. The best thing is to primarily eat fresh vegetables over canned ones, cook your own food so you control the salt going in, and continue to experiment with other herbs and spices. Like most things having to do with our diets... moderation is the key.

3.) I think the main thing about water in the morning (and you nerdy-types can expound upon this or shoot me down as I am only going by hearsay and experience) is that your body basically becomes dehydrated over night. So filling it up with water imediately after you wake up gets "things" flowing again. Would orange juice do the same thing? I don't know. Anyone?... All I know is I usually have mornings (and those of you who have known me or had to live with me in the morning know that I'm not really human before at least 10:00) where I would think "I have to drink some coffee or I will not make it to my job today." Now that I've been filling up with water first thing, I'm able to enjoy coffee occassionally for pleasure but not because I need it. As far as becoming a water bottle nerd? Eric did get me one for my birthday that's the perfect size and everything... I have been carrying it around pretty frequently. I also have one at work that I just keep filled up in the fridge all the time. I know that doesn't make me a nerd but making me look like one is spiffy.

Thanks for all of your continued help! I'm looking forward to more of it. I have a story coming in the next few days. It's funny and strange and I think I may be able to tie it into the overarching theme of this blog. If not, it's a good story anyways.

4 comments:

zetti said...

i love reading this blog.
i have to say, cuz, i don't know what you guys are talking about with this whole "water bottle carrying nerdiness" thing. i carry one into work every day! (wink wink)

i still think you need to search more into the whole grinding your own wheat. jason and i are feeling quite well, and that is the only bread we have at the house any more. its yummy too. if you look up the bread beckers website, she has written some pretty good "healthy living" type articles. one on water that is really good.

one day i will have you hooked, i just know it! :oP

hot cross buns said...

hey, i had two Kashi Go Lean blueberry waffles this morning- 6 grams of Fiber!

Anonymous said...

mm, I just like food in general. It's hard to picky at marshbanks...even that salisbury steak looked good to me at lunch this afternoon.
Well sis, Mom informed me about your roles in the NC production! woo hoo, thanks for calling your OWN DEAR SISTER and telling her! :) That's GREAT! Can't wait to see ya, love you.

The Cobra said...

Be careful with refilling plastic water bottles. Not like the fancy-pantsy Nalgene bottles that are all the rave, but the Deer Park, Dasani, Aquafina bottles are the one's you should be worried about. The plastic breaks down over time and will do so into your water and from what I understand it's carcinogenic. I'm all about reusing the bottles, I do it all the time, but get new ones every couple of weeks and don't forget to recycle the old ones.